Most of the time people tend to get a 2nd hand car from dealers because the process tends to be a lot easier. However, the reality is that dealers will usually add in their own share of the cut above the normal price, and that can make the cars very expensive. This is why a very good idea is to opt for working with a direct seller as the experience will be a lot better. In fact, the entire transaction is hassle free and the experience will be a lot better because of that.
Moreover, having convenience in the car industry means that you have to pay a premium, especially if you have to deal with dealers, and that can be a true issue for sure. With this in mind, you should check out the offers from direct sellers, as they can be very good and suitable for all budgets.
Why should you purchase a car from direct sellers?
There are many reasons why this can be a very good idea, and in order for you to better understand them we created a list with some of the most important ones.
1.You skip the dealer purchase
This basically means that you don’t have to pay the premium which will usually go in the hands of your dealer. This can sometimes get up to 20% or even more than that, something that is really bad if you purchase on a budget. You will not feel this right off the bat, especially if you don’t pay a lot of attention to percentages, but in real life things can be quite different. For example, when you get a vehicle worth $100,000 you need to pay $20,000, and that can be quite a lot for sure. Why not skip this and focus on purchasing a car that is actually worth that sum without having to pay that premium as well.
2. Insurance and financing
Even if the dealer might recommend financing and insurance, he will not deliver the best deal. Most of the time dealers have connections with specific insurance and financing companies, which might not have great deals from a pricing standpoint. They usually do that in order to get the best referral fee, so they don’t really care about your results. This is why it’s a good idea to find the best companies to work with on your own.
3. No more handling fees
Dealers also come with handling fees, so if you want to save money such a thing can come in handy for sure, just keep it in mind as it will definitely help you quite a lot.
How to purchase a car from direct sellers?
- The first thing you need to do here is to visit a site such as sgcarmart or carro.sg as they offer immediate access to car sellers. Here you can find direct car sellers without a problem, just initiate a search and you will like the results for sure.
- Once you contact the seller you will be able to arrange a viewing and then engage in a test drive. Sellers might sometimes want a proof that you are licensed to drive so you should take the license with you just in case such a thing is needed.
- You should also talk with a local workshop to check the car, of course you need to talk with the seller and see if he offers you permission for such a thing. Most of the time the seller will agree but talking with him is a priority.
- Opt for a sales agreement, as this will help you quite a lot. Do remember the fact that you can leave a deposit with the seller as this will offer him leverage, all while you try to get a bank loan and insurance, which are very important.
- When it comes to applying for a bank loan, it can be quite hard to find the proper bank that will actually help you here. Some of them will only give a loan to be taken via the dealer, so try to find one that will give you a generalized loan, the interest rate might vary. Visit this link https://goo.gl/OyjQIG as they can deliver a great interest rate for you that will suit your needs!
- You will also have to opt for car insurance, sites like gobear.com.sg or moneysmart.sg will be helpful here since you can get the lowest rate possible for your needs, and that matters quite a lot.
- Once everything is in place you will need to talk with the seller and arrange a meeting to do the transfer. You will need to pay a transfer fee that’s $11 but you also have to get the insurance certificate and a M01 form, which can be downloaded at here.
- Keep in mind the fact that if you purchase the car via a loan, your loans office will need to be present when you purchase the car, all so that he can make sure that the transaction was made and that you kept your word.
As you can see, even if a car purchase might seem a little troublesome at first, you can easily solve all the issue that appear with just a few simple phone calls. Just try to check out the steps above and follow them properly, then you will have no problem getting the car you want from a direct seller. This is definitely the best way to purchase a car in Singapore so give this a try and you will like the results for sure!
By Desmond Chua